Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Blog #6


After watching all of the EOTO presentations I found that I learned a lot from the presentation on Bluetooth. Before listening to these presentations there were definitely numerous things I knew I was going to learn about but I did not expect to learn so much more about Bluetooth that I genuinely did not know. Bluetooth was invented in 1993 in Sweeden by Jaap Haartsen who named the technology that connects electronics to each other after a King who had a dead tooth. When watching this presentation I began to think about how much I use Bluetooth every day and how I do not notice it. Every time I get in my car to drive when I wake up and put my apple watch on when I listen to music on my AirPods and so many other times. There are now 86% of all vehicles equipped with Bluetooth technology which changed the way cell phones were used in vehicles. This changed the game of using cellular devices while driving because now there was the capability to use them hands-free. Another huge innovation that is specifically helping my generation was Bluetooth speakers. 44 million Bluetooth speakers are sold each year which is a high number but one I expected to see on the presentation. Just about everyone I know owns a Bluetooth speaker and uses them daily. I thought to write about Bluetooth because it was one I did not expect to learn much about such as the radio waves and distances of use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

My Relationship with Technology Have you ever panicked because you couldn’t find your iPhone, felt lost because it died, or bored on a plane...